Re: SCRAPPING TYRANNOSAURS..

> what do modern analogs - say an ostrich - do?

  I have heard it said that when modern large flightless birds
cannot run away from a threat, they kick with great effectiveness.
I think I remember hearing that humans have been occasionally
disemboweled, and occasionally have had their heads separated
from their necks, by such kicks.  But I don't remember my sources
well enough to cite them.
                                           --  Jay Freeman