BCF and BADD

I hate to be a pest (like now), but I'm sort of new to this group.  The
discussion of BCF and BADD is interesting, but what the heck are BCF and
BADD?  Like, what do the acronyms stand for?  Can someone explain the two
concepts in about ten words or less, each (really!)?

Norman R. King                                   tel:  (812) 464-1794
Department of Geosciences                        fax:  (812) 464-1960
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712                  e-mail:  nking.ucs@smtp.usi.edu