Re: Publishing on the WEB, DinoStore After Thanksgiving Sale

In a message dated 95-11-25 00:46:48 EST, pwillis@ozemail.com.au (Paul
Willis) writes:

>Peer review may not be perfect (perhaps it is time for a review of
>review reviews) but it is a system that allows some quality control and,
>when it functions properly, it does provide benefits far in excess of the
>inconvienience of slowing up things for a bit.

Peer review is really a good thing when it is done with the right attitude:
constructively. My forthcoming _Historical Dinosaurology_ #1 on stegosaurs
benefited greatly from constructive comments from eight reviewers, and once
I'm finished rewriting it to include their suggestions, it will be much the
better publication for it.