Re: Reversed Hallux in Theropods: a query

In a message dated 95-11-24 17:34:25 EST, Dinogeorge@aol.com writes:

>But if you want to see what
>the retroverted hallux really looked like in the arboreal forms, take a look
>at Luis Chiappe's paper on his Patagonian enantiornithan bird specimen

So, is this a purely avian adaptation, or do we find it non-avian theropods
as well?  If so, which ones?  I would assume that all this talk of arboreal
theropods (as in, the not-quite-a-bird-but-on-its-way variety) perching in
trees is backed up by just such a specimen?  Or is it speculation?

DSmith.