Re: non-bakkerian bird stuff

>There is some moa fossil material at the American Museum of Natural History
>in NYC in the bird hall.  There is a nice comparison there where the skeleton
>of a humming bird is placed next to a moa femur which is about 100 times
>larger.
>
>They also have a stuffed dodo in the same hall.
>
>Art

No, they don't.  The dodo is a replica.  There are, in fact, no stuffed
dodos in existence; the last one was in the collection of the Ashmolean
Museum, and was actually thrown out in 1755; a head and one foot were
preserved.  There is also a foot in the British Museum, a head in Copenhagen
and a fragment of a head in Prague.  That, other than bones, is it.
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5