Re: Publishing on the WEB

Mathematicians and physicists have to deal with cranks (incl perpetual motion
folks) just like we have to deal with creationists. To see how bad it is read
Skeptical Inquiry, etc. The erview system is not what makes good science, it
is good science that makes good science. The review system is unscientific,
because its effectiveness at any given time is untestable! (You can only do a
study to see if the review system worked decades later, after the quality of
any time's science can be judged.) The review system is actually slowing down
the progress in the field. It is time we stopped letting the creationists
force us to keep using a system that evolved to solve journal editing
problems.

After all, On t
he Origin of Species was not reviewed! Sold very well too.

GSPaul