Re: A Set of Standards

>Wonderful idea.
>
>Who's going to scan then in?
>And who is going to pay for doing so?

I have been in discussion with a group of graphics/print folks this weekend
on this very subject.  We are talking about the technical feasiblities of
scanning and pagination with cost estimates.  If I can procur permission
from a journal to reproduce a paper with plates for a trial, I strongly
suspect that I could have it on the WEB in less than 3 days for virtually no
cost.  Obviously, to go beyond a single example would entail more time (ergo
$) and hardware assests (i.e. disk space).

Sounds like its time to start writing a grant application. 8)

regards-
           Michael "We're not in Kansas anymore" Sternberg
      Non-Professional Paleontologist and natural curiousitarian
(360) 293-2405 if it's about fossils or the Northwest Paleontological
Association

                  Cascadia - A PaleoHomePage
                  http://www.cnw.com/~mstern/