Re: Re: Attn: University Faculty

>>Can anyone recommend a graduate school for someone who wants to work=20
>>with dinosaurs?
>>Since a young child I have been in love with the beasts.  I guess I've=20
>>never grown up.  (It seems odd to have a forum in which I can say that=20
>>and avoid ridicule.)
>>While there seems to be a lot of Mesozoic fans, the number of people who=20
>>can (and are willing to) accept a grad student in dinosaur paleobiology=20
>>appears disproportionate.
>>I have good credentials and abundant enthusiasm, but I just don't know=20
>>where to start. =20
>>Much thanks to anyone who can help.
>
>The three big universities are: University of California-Berkley, University=
> of Chicago, and Yale University.  There are a variety of other smaller=
> colleges that have decent programs as well.

Others that come to mind are the University of Pennsylvania, Southern
Methodist University, Indiana University-Purdue University at Fort Wayne,
Harvard, George Washington University (if you are of a biological bent),
State University of New York at Stony Brook, and that's probably enough for
you right now.  (Sorry for those I left out - being logged off for a week
has left a hell of a back up on my server!).

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Vertebrate Paleontologist
Dept. of Geology
University of Maryland