Re: Dinosaur illustrations

On Thu, 16 Nov 1995, Graeme Worth wrote:

> Many books etc contain illustrations of dinos known from only 1 or 2 bones.
> Leaving aside the often considerable artistic talent exhibited, do these
> really contribute anything useful?

One could ask what good or use any art is really I suppose. Unless one is
producing sketches for a paleo textbook or something like "The
Dinosauria"(and perhaps not even then), I don't see how the two are
relevant to each other. Lack of evidence for large anthropomophized
purple theropods didn't deter certain content creators at PBS from their
benighted attempts, so who's to say that there's any real linkage?

---Steve(coming up next, "What is Jazz?")