Re: publishing on the web

> Post-printing press, publishers and universities have controlled
> the flow of scholarly information.

I wonder if maybe this might not be such a good thing in some ways.  Part
of the control that "publishers and universities" weild is to make sure
that publications in scientific journals are "good science".  To keep
the poorly designed or poorly analysised data out of reputable
publications.

Although I must admit I rather like the idea of having all publications
at my fingertips at all times, no more inter library loan.

Sorry if this is hard to follow I am quite tired.

Bobette