Re: 2nd Law of Thermodynamics (and a couple of other things)

George Olshevsky (Dinogeorge@aol.com) asked earlier today:

> By the way, does anybody out there object to this kind of posting on
> a dinosaur list?

Well, I haven't said anything yet because nobody has complained to me,
and I don't always want to play the heavy (I'm still trying to get
over one person's statement that I'm no fun ;-)  However, you and Art
do seem to be drifting pretty far.  I'd recommend that you take your
second law of thermo arguments to talk.origins if you want a wide
audience.  Art, if you want to pick the brains of an expert (not that
I think you're doing a bad job here, but rather because I think you'd
really like this guy), I recommend you contact Paul Gans:
gans@SCHOLAR.CHEM.NYU.EDU  Feel free to tell him I sent you.

On the subject of first causes and whether or not we have any
objective reason to believe in them, I recommend that you subscribe to
the obj-rel mailing list.  To do so, send the command

subscribe obj-rel yourfirstname yourlastname

to: LISTSERV@EMUVM1.CC.EMORY.EDU

Finally, Glen, I think you really missed Jerry's point.  Jerry may
have other character flaws | :-0 ;-) but he's not a lunatic ;-)  He
was only saying that Glen Rose isn't the only place where people have
claimed to see anachronistic human tracks.