Re: publishing on the web

In a message dated 95-11-15 16:52:56 EST, jpoling@infinet.com (Jeff Poling)
writes:

> Dinogeorge states that
>pictures must be really good for proper review.  If professional reviews are
>based on poor pictures, what does that have to say about the current review
>process ... if not the reviews themselves?  I'm not making a judgement ...
>it's just a question from someone outside the field.

Unfortunately, there is a host of professional paleo articles with truly
wretched illustrations and publication quality. Sometimes this situation
cannot be helped (as in China, India, etc.). But imagine the problems
inherent in interpreting typical photocopies or scanned electronic copies of
such articles: poor quality squared.