Re: 2nd Law of Thermodynamics

<< The problem is that we--that is, I--do not understand what drives time
"forward"--in the direction of increasing entropy--rather than backward.
Maybe somebody else does.>>

As you can tell, I have done some reading in this area in the popular
scientific literature, but not the technical stuff (at least not since
college).  I think that temporal irreversibility is still a matter for
intense speculation and argument.  There are proponents of the "statistics
only" explanation but I beleive they are in the minority and I am not
qualitfied to comment on their work.  If anyone else can throw some light on
the subject, I'd love to hear it.  (I think we are actually discussing this
stuff on the wrong list.  I wonder if there is a 2LT chat line?)

Art