Egg question again.

I haven't gotten any responsed to the question I posted a while back.
May-be it got lost.  I need to know because I told my class I would have
had this info by today.  Well like I said my professor said that he heard
of some reasercher that studied dino eggs in correlation with the deccan
traps.  Supposedly there was an element in the gas emited that caused
problems with the egg shells.  They looked into it in modern chicken eggs
that had the same element and they found similar problems.  Is this story
true?  If so who was this and what element was causing all these
problems.  I'm really curious and so is everyone else.  Thanks.

Bite Is Might.

Raptor