Re: A query concerning Parasaurolophus

On Mon, 13 Nov 1995, Rich Travsky wrote:

> Speaking as someone with a number of allergies, I have to
> wonder how much of an impediment a cold or similar nasal
> infection would've been to a Parasaurolophus...

I suspect that if Parasaurolophus crest help to increase its ability to
detect predators a cold or infection could in some cases prove
fatal...most likely though Parasaurolophus lived in herds so that there
is the herds collective senses to compensate for one members affection.

(((A Parasaurolophus with a cold....oh what a honk a sneeze would make)))

---John Schneiderman (dino@revelation.uomaha.edu)