Re: 2nd Law of Thermodynamics

In a message dated 95-11-13 19:31:00 EST, ArtSippo@aol.com writes:

>As for God, the classical western definition is that He is "transcendant"
>which means that He is not anything in the universe either macroscopic or
>microscopic.  If 2LT is a law of the universe, it would not apply to
>something that is not a part of the universe.  As you stated though, there
>are different ways of defining God and some (but not all) definitions would
>have him subject to 2LT.

This is vacuous blather. Fortunately, it's not YOUR vacuous blather (you're
just quoting); it's theology's vacuous blather. If God is neither macroscopic
nor microscopic, if God is not subject to physical law, if God is
"transcendent" (whatever THAT means), if there is some state of existence
"not a part of the universe" (but nevertheless somehow driving the universe),
then all bets are off and anything goes. I'm my own grandfather, 23 = 4,569,
and horses drink blue bricks. Phooey.