Neurapophysis

> From: Archosaur@aol.com
> >
> > can someone help me with dino parts?  what is a neurapophysis?

Hello all.

My medical dictionary relates the following:

Neurapophysis (nu ra POF i sis):  the structure forming either side of the
neural arch; also the part supposedly homologous with this structure in a
so-called cranial vertebra.

Apophysis (ah POF i sis):  any outgrowth or swelling, especially a bony
outgrowth that has never been entirely separated from the bone of which it
forms a part, such as a process, tubercle, or tuberosity.

FYI.

Robert

Dinosaur Explainer with the|| = |= = = =| = |______| = |= = = =| = || = |
American Museum of Natural History = = =| =/  AMNH  \= |= = = =| = || = |
New York, New York, USA| = || = |= = = =|/  New York \ |= = = =| = || = |

Watch for the opening of the AMNH Web Page at http://www.amnh.org

*** All opinions are those of the individual, not the institution. ***