Egg question.

Hello.  Once again one of my classes has brought up another question.  My
professor was talking about the decan traps and that some of the gases
might have affected some of the animals in the area.  He mentioned some
reashercher studied the eggs of dinosaurs from that area tha had a
certain element in thier shell that caused growth problems.  They then
looked at chicken eggs that had this element and they too had growth
problems.  Or something like that.  He didn't know the name of the
reasercher or the element.  Did this really happen?  If so Who was it and
what element was it?  Thanks.
THE HATCHLINGS MUST BE FED!
BITE IS MIGHT

Raptor