Re: Cryptozoology

>     I for one do not mind the serious side of cryptozoology being
>discussed here IF someone had credible, verifiable evidence of a
>prehistoric reptile thought to be extinct still exists.  So far, I have
>seen nothing like that here or elsewhere, and I used to follow the
>cryptozoologists quite closely (evey subscribing to the Journal of the
>International Society of Cryptozoology).  Although there are some
>serious people in the "movement", most cryptozoology enthusiasts seem a
>little too eager to visualize zebras (or unicorns?) rather than horses
>when they hear hoofbeats.  The bulk of cryptozoological dicusscussion
>seems to focus largely on dubious claims relating to things like Nessie
>and Bigfoot.  Until someone comes up with a carcass of either, I would
>prefer those who see a Sasquatch behind every other tree try to contain
>themselves, or perhaps start their own forum.   :]
 I sure hope you're not suggesting that I am unscientific or unreliable or
paranoid or whatever, because that's the last thing I am. I sure hope I
haven't given that impression. For example, I do not have a lot of faith
in the sasquatch or the Loch Ness montser. In my previous posts I was
simply stating the pros behind the Loch Ness monster.

I _do_ believe there are large unknown animals out there, but I don't
think everyone is, or has to be, a living dinosaur or giant amphibian or
somehting wondeful. Iam just as interested in new species of hummingbirds
and small unknwon life as I am in the large "superstars". I personally
have more faiuth in the idea that the mokele-mbembe is a type of yet
undiscovered amphibious reptile, and not a living dinosaur. As much as I'd
like to see a living dinosaur, I don't think that thoery is as plausible
as a new species of amphibious reptile.

And one more thing: I hate it wqhen people think that if cryptozoologists
find something that isn't as exciting as a living dinosaur, they juts
discard it. That's just BS. Cryptozoology is not only interested in the
superstars but also new species of animals, no matter how big or small.

Ciao!

Ben...