Cladistic question (was Re: Centrosaurines)

>    On misconception I had when I responded to G.O.s(??) posting on=20
>transitional forms in a cladogram was that a cladogram is a=20
>"family tree".  It is not, merely a chart of characteristics.  It might=20
>well be a useful tool, or even the most important tool in constructing a=20
>phylogenetic tree, but I think G.O. has the right idea in that you have=20
>to consider other factors as well.  =20

Here's an interesting thought.  What would happen if someone was to take a=
 cladogram, and superimpose it onto the geologic time scale (a combination=
 of cladistics and phylogeny)?  Would this be informative, or merely=
 garbage?  At first glance, it could be a powerfull tool.  One could use=
 cladistics to see how animals are related (something that the time scale=
 could obscure), and then put in the timescale, where it could be more meani=
ngfull.

Rob

***
Q.  What arthropod was good with computers?

A.  The Trilobyte.