NEW AUBLYSODONT?

George mentions, in reference to aublysodonts, a 'large unnamed form from New
Mexico'. Is this one that we might be familiar with through the literature, or
is it one as yet relatively unknown? Any info gratefully received.

I would have thought that Aublysodontinae wins priority over Shanshanosaurinae,
plus it is more user-friendly. Why revert to the latter then George?

SOUTH AMERICAN FAUNAL MESS PART I

Have our South American colleagues discovered any evidence for maniraptorans
there yet? Last I heard they were hard at work looking. Of course, if (?) Novas
(is it Novas? Never can remember) is right and alvarezsaurids are basal
Maniraptora (sensu Gauthier, Tom's work still not having appeared over here),
then they already have.. And on the subject of alvarezsaurids, what does their
palaeogeographical distribution tell us about Cret biogeography? A family of
flightless theropods with representatives in Asia AND South America? I shudder
to think.. Anyone? Of course, I could open up a real can of worms and start big
on supposed South American Cretaceous endemics: _Gasparinasaura_, etc etc
(what's Bonaparte's hadrosaur called?)..

I have the _Patagonykus_ abstract! Ha ha!

Let no-one become so narrow minded that they insist on exclusion of _everything_
non-dinosaurian from this list.

"No matter how hard you dig, you're still in the space that you are"
"Bring my shuttle"

DARREN NAISH