Re: Re: There Be Dragons

>From: Thomas_R_HOLTZ@umail.umd.edu (th81)
 > From: bz050@freenet.carleton.ca
 > >You call hundreds of eyewitness accounts insuffiecient evidence?!
 >
 > Yes.  Hundreds of eyewitnesses have seen Elvis walking the halls of
 > K-Marts across America, but that doesn't invalidate the conclusions
 > of his death certificate.  I used to be into cryptozoology, ancient
 > astronauts, etc., until I came to an important discovery: people lie.

And even more important, people make mistakes.

I once saw a flying saucer.  At least that is what my mind saw.

A few minutes investigations proved it to be a bird (a nighthawk
to be precise).

A quick glimpse of a largish animal out in the middle of a featureless
expanse of water can be easily mistaken for something truly unusual.
And Loch Ness has one of the largest races of otter in Europe.
bz050@freenet.carleton.ca

 > >it's not like people are out there every day searching for the beast.

Actually, for awhile, people pretty much *were* searching every day.

The peace of God be with you.