Pterosaurs

An idea occurred to me recently that I thought I'd throw out for discussion.

In watching reruns of Paleoworld, I heard Bakker (talking about pterosaurs)=
 claim that they are unique in the annals of paleontology because no other=
 animal was so dedicated to powered flight, that almost every aspect of=
 their form is designed towards that goal.  Could this be a sign of their=
 flight effectiveness?  I mean, if they had to put every aspect of=
 themselves into flying, then maybe they weren't all that good at it.

Rob

***
Q. What gastropod is a constant skeptic?

A. Abalony.