CARNIVOROUS PASSERINES..

> Occasional frugivory (which is known in dogs, for heavens sake) is not the
point -

And, believe it or not, amongst felids - the most specialized of all mammalian
carnivores! (Jaguarundi are known to munch fruit)

> In fact many larger songbirds will take things like small frogs or lizards
> if they can get them,

Not just the larger ones. Resident blackbirds (_Turdus merula_) here regularly
dine on my tadpoles and sticklebacks, and there have been published photos of
European robin (_Erithacula rubecula_) catching and eating minnow (apparently,
they learnt the habit off kingfisher (_Alcedo atthis_).

"I used to ride with my soul by the side of the road"

DARREN NAISH