Vertabrate Paleontology

            I have a question about The Society of Vertebrate
       Paleontology's annual meeting to be held in Pittsburg, Pa.
       on Nov. 1-4th. What is the appropriate attire for the event?
       Is it formal,( suit and tie etc.) or casual dress? I will be
       attending with my son, who hopes to major in vertebrate
       paleontology when he starts college next year.

                                                                 Thanks,
                                                                 Phil