Re: Re: HERBIVORES TO CARNIVORES..

>And on a more dinosaurian topic, were the waters cold around Antarctica in
>the Mesozoic... I'm asking because I knwo they found Kronosaur remains
>there a few years back, and if the waters were as cold as Loch Ness back
>then, and was inhabited by kronosaurs.. well, you get my point(I hope!).

Antarctica was further north (isn't hard to do :-) ) during the Mesozoic, as
documented by geophysics and paleontology. Also, the super-chilled deep
marine waters now present in the oceans are a recent (okay, a Tertiary)
development, cause by the formation of the pyschrospheric circum-Antarctic
currents after the Antarctica-Australia breakup.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Vertebrate Paleontologist
Dept. of Geology
University of Maryland