Re: Dinosaur Genera List corrections #13

In a message dated 95-10-28 03:48:55 EDT, dino@revelation.unomaha.edu (John
Schneiderman) writes:

>>      Has anyone thought about including more info in the genera list like
>> up to date  specimen numbers and localities?
>
>At least for the type specimen.
>
>> If you wanted to divey up the work load among volenteers I wouldn't mind
>> researching a few genera.
>
>Find a good coordinator and divey up the genera...I'll volunteer!!!

The first order of business, I think, would be to weed out the junior
synonyms and obsolete names from the list by encoding them. Maybe something
like:

Astrodonius  Kuhn, 1961 <==  Astrodon

where <== means "junior objective synonym of"

and

Astrodon Johnston, 1859  ==>  Astrodonius

where ==> means "senior objective synonym of"

And--

Apatosaurus Marsh, 1877 => Brontosaurus, Elosaurus

where => means "senior subjective synonym of"

and

Brontosaurus Marsh, 1879 <= Apatosaurus
Elosaurus Peterson & Gilmore, 1902 <= Apatosaurus

where <= means "junior subjective synonym of."