crocodile skulls

Here is another request for meaty information/ideas.

I heard somewhere (in literature--can't remember where) that crocodilians
have pneumatic passageways in their skull bones, perhaps remotely similar
to those of birds and certain theropod dinosaurs.  I've lost the
reference, and I don't have a crocodile skull to dissect.  Is this
correct?  If it is, what would the function be?  Certainly not the same
as for birds and maybe the dinosaurs.