Re: A Clutter of Duckbills

In a message dated 95-10-26 12:37:42 EDT, swf@ElSegundoCA.ATTGIS.COM (Stan
Friesen) writes:

> > One point.  You mentioned that you lumped Gryposaurus and Kritosaurus
into
> > Hadrosaurus.  Is the type material of Hadrosaurus good enough to proceed
>with
> > this?
>
>I am not entirely sure.  I will either go this way or restrict H.
>to nomina dubia and put the remaining forms in Kritosaurus.

Hunt & Lucas note that _Kritosaurus_ is itself a nomen dubium, the type skull
material being indistinguishable from two different topotype genera,
_Anasazisaurus_ and _Naashoibitosaurus_. (Others would disagree.) What you
should do is use _Gryposaurus_, because it is based on almost complete skull
material.