Mokele-mbembe and kin

I've noticed some mention of the mokele-mbembe, Nessie and their ilk of
late, and I think I remember in _Lost World_ <?> Levine mentioning that
some people thought the buru, from Irian Jaya, was actually a ceratopian.
Thing is though, from what I've read on it, it is actually more along the
lines of a crocodile, or large squamatan. Does anybody have any info or
refernces on the varying types of weird wee beasties like this? The only
really good one I can name is Tim Dinsdale's ( I think he wrote it) _The
Leviathans_, which is moreover about the different types of aquatic
monsters of the world.