Plesiosaur Survivals.....

Rob poses the question:

>Is it possible that an isolated group of plesiosaurs survived to today....?

Although unlikely en extremis, there's nothing inherently impossible about
the proposition.  Witness the coelacanth.  Pesonally, I think arguing that a
thing is IMPOSSIBLE because of no evidence is a religious position, not a
scientific one.

For the plesiosaur to survive it would have to have some kind of biological
or environmental shielding against whatever variables caused the general
extinction of its contemporaries.  Given what is known of these animals, that
would have to be some shield....

So, my position:  Could a plesiosaur have survived?   Yes
                  Did a plesiosaur survive?           No