Re: HERBIVORES TO CARNIVORES..

D.W.Naish writes;
>"I don't believe in the Loch Ness monster, even though I've _seen_ the **ag=
ger,
>_and_ photographed it. But who in their right mind would believe in the Loc=
>Ness monster. What do you mean 'right mind'?"

This brings up an interesting question: Is is possible that an isolated=
 group of plesiosaurs survived to today?  Granted, there is no evidence to=
 support the idea, but isn't negative evidence the worst kind?  Is it=
 possible that a small group was restricted to an aquatic environment that=
 didn't favor fossilization?  As a theory, the modern plesiosaurs could be=
 as different from their Mesozoic ancestors as birds are to theirs.  Any=
 comments (I know you have them;-).

Rob

***
Q. Why is structural geology like a card game?

A. They both have folds.