Fwd: A Little Brain Teaser--oops!

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Re: A Little Brain Teaser
Date:    95-10-24 16:59:32 EDT
To:      rowe@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu

In a message dated 95-10-24 15:58:31 EDT, rowe@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu
(Mickey Rowe) writes:

>Looks like you guys have a little bit of a sign convention problem ;-)
>I was surprised that John didn't seem to notice that you answered the
>opposite question from what he asked...  I can't think of any going in
>the H -> C direction either, though I have little doubt that such
>things can and have happened.

I noticed this myself after having posted my response, and I was all set to
send a correction when it occurred to me that BOTH H -> C and C -> H
transitions are very rare(!). I'll still stand by my contention that
insectivory -> herbivory is a fairly simple transition.

Erythrosuchia -> Aetosauria may be an example of a more direct C -> H
transition.

G.O.