Re: Dino List Questions

In a message dated 95-10-24 06:15:43 EDT, DSmith0531@aol.com writes:

>"Oviraptor Osborn, 1924"
>"Ovoraptor Osborn, 1924 [nomen nudum]"
>
>Should we get rid of the "Ovoraptor" reference, since it seems that it is
>merely another published misspelling (of _Oviraptor_, in this case)?

We could, but Osborn gave it a different species name: _Ovoraptor
djadochtari_, so I kept it. And it refers to _Velociraptor_, not
_Oviraptor_(!); Osborn's pre-publication name for _Oviraptor_ was
_Fenestrosaurus philoceratops_. So it really is a different name. Just for
completeness, Osborn's prepublication name for _Saurornithoides mongoliensis_
was _Ornithoides oshiensis_.

Boy, now we've got a lot to talk about, don't we?!

G.O.