Stegosaur Sex

Hello again -- here is a slightly more intelligent posting from the Raptor:

I seemed to pick up somewhere, perhaps from an unreliable source, that
stegosaurs had the ability to move their dorsal plates side to side in a
limited range of movement.  If this is possible (which I somewhat doubt),
then perhaps stegosaurs could mate more easily (doggie-style) than supposed.
 The tail could be moved out to the side, so the female doesn't spike her
beau, and the moveable plates could flatten out along the back.  Then the
male could mount his girl successfully without the plates getting in the way.

Just an idea.

Raptor RKC (Rachel Clark)