Re: Inaccuracy in TV documentary shows (was: flowering plants)

> These are the sort of not-up-to-date and not-well-researched things that
> drive my up the wall!

    The program was a bit muddled. Later on, it was made a bit clearer that
flowering plants appeared in the Cretaceous.

>  I generally like Carl Sagan

    Some astronomers belittle Carl. I think they're a bit jealous. Last night,
crew from The Discovery Channel showed up at our planetarium and taped
our observatory director for an up-coming show on "unidentified flying
objects" (sometime in 1996). I wonder how closely the end-product will
resemble the background information we gave?

----
-= Tuck =-
tuckr@digital.net