Inaccuracy in TV documentary shows (was: flowering plants)

Stan Friesen <swf@ElSegundoCA.ATTGIS.COM> replied:
>It was real, once upon a time.  Perhaps the show isn't as up-to-date
>as one would like.

These are the sort of not-up-to-date and not-well-researched things that
drive my up the wall!  I generally like Carl Sagan, but when he says in
_Cosmos_ that dinosaurs died similtaniously with the appearence of
flowers, I cringe.  (I also cringe in his book _Comet_ when he says that
_Dimetrodon_ died out with the dinosaurs!)

                             -- Dave