Re: A Clutter of Duckbills

> Sometimes specimens are placed in different species and genera from what they
> most resemble because of very slight details in the fossil, say, "minor
> details" in the skull, or shoulder blade.  Very, very slight details.  People
> who groups specimens into this genus and that species can be so picky
> sometimes, ESPECIALLY G.O.!

     If you refer to my previuous posting, I talk a little about how some
modern genera have species whose osteology is indistinguishible.  Very
little study has been done as to exactly how to tell modern species apart
based solely on osteology (biologists and zoologists rely mainly on soft
anatomy), much less how to apply this th fossil animals.  Making rules on
taxa assignement would be very premature at this point considering how
much is underestood.

LN Jeff