BIRDS AGAIN....

Joel--

Re:  "I personally think that they (Archys) did not have the ability to climb
trees or bushes to take off..."

Perhaps because they were slight of hand, they employed some Lamarkian
sleight of hand to quickly evolve hands SO THAT THEY COULD climb trees, then,
upon reaching the top, promptly evolved feathers SO THAT THEY COULD fly away.

I enthusiastically applaud John R. Hutchinson's advice to Rachel to start
"with a healthy dose of Gould" and in philosophy of science in general.
That way your enthusiasm doesn't get de-railed by fundamental erroneous
premises.

mpartie@state.de.us

"Back off, man, I'm a scientist."