FEATHERS AND POSTURE.....

>From the discussion I take it we're pretty confident that the terrain in
which these fossil remains were found has remained relatively unchanged since
the animals' internment?  How old is that lake?  Have the flora changed
substantially in the intervening millions of years?  There may be some
erroneous assumptions underlying hypothetical habitat scenarios and
subsequent behavior speculations.  Archaeopterix could only be a "shore bird"
if there was a shore there at the time...