Unusual Stratification

  I was out fossil hunting on the River Severn the other day,
not having a lot of success, when i decided to look over some
old, dumped and half buried concrete barges.
  ON TOP of one of these barges was a layer of solidified mud
& gravel with some beautifully preserved Jurassic (Sinemurian)
Ammonite & belemnite fauna, the ammonites in gold coloured
pyrite. I suddenly occurred to me that well layered Jurassic
strata on top of reinforced concrete would provide an
interesting puzzle for geologists of the future:)

P.S. do any of you dinosaur types know of a good fossil hunting
list to subscribe to.
                               Mike.

--
                          |mike@crwldrvr.demon.co.uk|