Re: "Birds Again"--R.J.Meyers

>are these fossils widely distributed or are they fairly geographically=
 >localized.  I can imagine organisms developing flight being subjected to=
 >selective pressures of terrain, climate, topography and whatnot.  Any=
 >speculations of habitat?  (e.g., forest vs. plain vs. hills).  Seems to me=
 >flight-related behaviors such as mechanics of take off (missile vs.=
 airliner) >would have to take into account environment.

Good observation.  From what I have read about the environment (and=
 surrounding environments) of the Solnhofen Limestone where Archy is found=
 (the only place it has been found to date), is that it was a near-shore=
 zone, surrounded by a marshy estuary environment.  These topographies tend=
 to be rather flat, which would give Archy plenty of running room.

Rob

***
Would a Night Mare be considered a galloping pun?