Re: flowering plants

oFrom: "Considine, Blaise" <bpc.apa@email.apa.org>
 > What I
 > seemed to get out of it was the theory that the advent of flowering
 > plants in large part caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. Is this
 > for  real, or was I hallucinating?

It was real, once upon a time.  Perhaps the show isn't as up-to-date
as one would like.

If this is the show I caught part of the other night, it had lots of
out-of-date stuff.  For one thing it implied that the Morrison area
(or even the whole of North America in the Late Jurassic) was covered
with dense conferous forests.  This is false.  The Morrison formation
was laid down in a semi-arid to arid climate (part of it is sand-dunes).

And then there was the statement that the upland areas were devoid
of vegetation during the Carboniferous (very questionable - at least
moss and lichen would have been there).

The peace of God be with you.