flowering plants

Due to my non-drowsy-formula sinus medication rendering me virtually
comatose, I missed most of this past monday's Planet of Life. What I
seemed to get out of it was the theory that the advent of flowering
plants in large part caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. Is this for
real, or was I hallucinating? I thought this sort of theory (along with
"climatic change") was tossed out long ago. Who espouses this position
and what evidence did they present to back up this claim?
Blaise "No-Doz" Considine bpc.apa@email.apa.org