DINO DERMAL DISPLAY.. BITS

A short while back, someone round these here cyber-parts mentioned new work by
Czerkas showing that hadrosaurs had spiky dermal ornaments adjacent to the
spine. I presume that these are very different to the soft skin frills known
from various of the hadrosaur mummies... so, can someone post a ref please..

On the subject of posting refs: George - you still haven't mailed the Barrett
and Upchurch ref. Anyone?

What with amounting evidence for dermal display structures in dinosaurs, we are
finally getting a good idea of how the animals were adorned in life. Out with
the naked, in with the frilly. Just look out for bits of wood and turtle scutes
(Jason would get it, if he were still with us..).

OSTEODERMS aren't a feature of mammalian skin. So what _do_ you call the bony
nodules embedded in the skin of a mylodontid ground sloth?

"And if you look to our left, you'll be able to see the Grand Canyon.. in about
15 million years"

DARREN NAISH