Punk Sauropods

Since things have been rather light today, here's a question for debate: =20

Recently, I was reading in a popular book on dinosaurs (the Dinosaur Data=
 Book).  In it, there was a reconstruction of a Diplodicus as it may have=
 looked in real life.  What was odd, was that the animal was shown with=
 spikes on the shoulders!!!  I am curious to know if there is any evidence=
 to support this idea, or is it simply unfounded, similar to the JP=
 Dilophosaurus frill?  Was this really the height of sauropod fashion, or is=
 this merely the musings of someone tampering with an illegal substance;-)

Any ideas?

Rob

***
Would a Night Mare be considered a galloping pun?