Re: New dino genera

In a message dated 95-10-15 02:54:13 EDT, DAVEH47@delphi.com (Dave
Hardenbrook) writes:

>_Amargasaurus_?  _Achelosaurus_?  _Gigantosaurus_?
>_Cryolophosaurus_?  Clevelanotyrannus???  I'm really behind!
>Are there any up-to-date reference books out there that cover these
>new beasts?

Achelousaurus (note spelling) is not yet described, but was named in a 1994
abstract. I think it's scheduled to appear in the next JVP (December 1995).

Cryolophosaurus came out last year (1994) in Science.

Giganotosaurus (note spelling) was named in Nature about a month ago.

Clevelanotyrannus doesn't exist. It's called Nanotyrannus now.

You haven't heard of Amargasaurus? Where've you been?

Wait till I get Mesozoic Meanderings #2 out!

G.O.