Evolutionary theory and more

I've been given an assignment for my Environmental Geology course on mass
extinctions, and I want to examine the various theories mentioned in
"Lost World", such as the Red Queen, Softening up the Beachhead, etc.
Thing is, we have to have some references from scientific articles and
the like, so I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a couple of