Re: Dino Notes

steve.cole@genie.geis.com
<<DINOSAUR ARMOR: Given the Brotosaur chest armor and the extensive studs on
some of the Titanosaurs, these being on the wrong side of the house from the
armored branch of the Ornithiscians, is it possible that most dinosaurs had
at least some studs somewhere? Will we know the REAL ultimate dino ancestor
by his armored butt?>>

But then again, if you agree that Saurischia is not an exclusively
monophyletic group and that Dinosauria should really consist of Theropoda +
Phytodinosauria as I do; then having armor as a primitive feature of the
Phytodinosauria takes away the need for an armor butt-ed dinosaur ancestor
(though I think that the first dinosaurs were armor butt-ed).