RE Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus

>Can anyone tell me what argument, if any, Bakker uses on behalf of his
>position that Brontosaurus is actually the correct name?

Bakker's view (based on the footnote on the subject in _Heresies_) seems
to be that the general public knows the beast as "Brontosaurus", and so,
since he wants to convey his views to the general public (I would say
that he is the dino's Carl Sagan), he opts for the popular term.

I wonder, though, if on a tour or somewhere, he's ever had a dino-loving
three-year old come up to him and say, "You're wrong--It's _Apatosaurus_!" :)

                             -- Dave